Choosing Plants For Juniper Landscaping
Some homes have juniper landscaping that is just incredible to look at. When you are designing your own landscape, a large part of it is choosing plants. For landscaping, you need to choose plants that will fit your lifestyle.
There are several thing that you need to consider before selecting the actual plants that you will use.What are you trying to accomplish for your yard? How much space is going to be devoted to it?
To get the best results for your landscape project, you need to have a plan that you will work from. The type of landscaping plan that you create will be different depending on what you are trying to accomplish. To decide what you want to accomplish, consider what the final goal is.
Would you like your landscape project to:
- create a private haven,
- create an area to entertain,
- create a bird sanctuary,
- create a wildflower garden,
- create a beautiful place to welcome you home,
- dress up an existing eye sore,
- simply be a small flower bed
As this small, incomplete list shows, there are many possible outcomes for even a well planned landscape. Taking the time to plan out what the finished project will be will help to accomplish what you have in mind.
Once you have a plan for your landscape project, it is time to start choosing plants. For juniper landscaping plants, there are several key items to consider.
1. Do you enjoy working in the yard?
– Some plants require a lot of maintenance while others are maintenance free.
2. How close to the house will it be?
– Many varieties of plants grow extremely large and can cause issues if planted in the wrong place.
3. Do they over-populate the lawn?
– Many plants produce seeds that are spread by the wind or birds.
4. What colors would you like to use?
– Your favorite plants may be available in a multitude of colors.
5. How easy are they to get rid of?
– Many plants travel by root systems that can overtake the yard.
6. Will this be a container garden or planted?
– Not all plants do well inside containers.
Many landscape nightmares happen because the plants are chosen when they are small. Most often, people do not realize how large a plant will become as it matures. Rhododendrun plants are placed right against the house, honeysuckle is placed where it is free to overtake the entire yard, etc. When these types of mistakes are made, the plants can quickly overtake the yard and ruin your plans, turning your landscape dream into a daily nightmare.
Once you have a complete juniper landscaping plan, it is much easier to have a vision of how it should turn out. Use this vision to start researching the plants that will be used in the design. Look around at other landscape projects to see what types of plants you enjoy and what to expect as they grow. Look at the different color combinations as well as the layout of the heights and specific types of plants. You will quickly figure out what plants compliment one another.
Another thing to keep in mind is that plants will look different during different seasons, and even at different times during the season. You may need to use plants that “flower” at different times during the season to keep your design all season long.
Researching the types of plants that you are considering using and knowing what to expect from them as they grow is the best way of choosing plants for landscaping. This will ensure that you are satisfied with the landscaped space that you have created for many years to come.…